We work to make our Museum as family friendly as possible. Let us know if you have questions or if there is anything more we could be doing to support you and your family.
- Baby care: Breastfeeding is welcome in the Museum. Baby-changing facilities are available on the ground floor.
- Toilets: There are accessible toilets on the ground floor.
- Bags and buggies: Buggies are welcome in the Museum. All floors are accessible by lift. There are no cloakroom facilities in the Museum.
- Food and drink: Feel free to picnic on the lawn outside, but please don't eat in the museum. There are no cafe facilities in the Museum.
- Shop: The Museum shop sells a diverse selection of books and gifts, many at pocket-money prices.
- Families with additional needs: Parking for disabled badge holders is situated at the rear of the Museum. The Museum has wheelchair access – please speak to staff for details. To help make the most of your visit to the Pitt Rivers, please download the access information booklet (pdf) for visitors with disabilities.
The Pitt Rivers Museum has been running workshops for families for more than twenty five years. In that time we’ve created all sorts of wonderful craft activities inspired by the Museum’s collections. Here are some tried and tested projects for you to make at home. We hope you enjoy them!