Join us in this after hours event
Thursday 20 October, 18.00 - 21.00
FREE but booking recommended
Bookings are no longer available as this event has now occured.
Soak up the atmosphere of the museum during our late night celebrating ongoing projects at the Museum.
The Wandering in Other Worlds: Talking with the Spirits project is a collaboration with contemporary artist and master of traditional Evenki song, Galina Veretnova, and Oxford-based artist and researcher Anya Gleizer.
- Experience a performance by Galina Veretnova, who is on artist residency at the Museum this October, responding to Siberian collections and sharing Evenki culture.
- Visit the new display on Evenki Cosmology and Shamanic Traditions curated by Alexander Varlamov, Galina Veretnova and Anya Gleizer, and listen to a short talk introducing the project.
Play! is a collections research project and public engagement programme which aims to inject fun into the museum and local community by exploring the games, toys and musical instruments in the collection.
- Challenge yourself and your friends to our GIANT games with outsized dominoes, crashing Kerplunk and Pass the Parcel on a grand scale around the galleries!
- Visit the Inspiration Station to pick up a mystery art challenge and produce your museum masterpiece
- See yourself starring in our Selfie Gallery
- Look out for the pass-the-parcel game across that will happen across the whole Museum
Plus even more…
- Go with Beyond the Binary behind the scenes tours and view recently acquired Hawaiian quilts through the Art Fund New Collecting Award
- Experience the museum in a different light, with music and a bar
Come and meet the Museum, whether you're new students or old friends - all welcome at this After Hours event!
Please note that because the Museum of Natural History will be closed at this time, entry is via the South Door on Robinson Close, off South Parks Road.
Play!: We're inviting visitors to connect with the themes driving Pitt Rivers Museum's 2022 research, curation and engagement programmes: immerse yourself in the Play! Project; deconstruct stereotypes as we move Beyond Binaries; join us in Radical Hope to imagine equitable and decolonised heritage spaces; and see a different side to the collections through Museums at Night.